Monday, November 29, 2010

On: Material Attributes of Personal Living Spaces by Gosling, Craik, Martin, and Pryor

After having read this work, I know 2 things.
Thing 1: However beautiful information can be, it needs to be visually stimulating to pull a reader through, lest he get exhausted by fig. 4... pages and pages of raw data are best left to the appendix. In other words, I need to know my data so well that I can visually communicate the story to my audience. Story. Hm.
Thing 2: The idea to have the interviewees rate and agree to being rated on their openness was brilliant. It's beautiful when data can tell you something we all already see in a new way: Andrea Gibson says "The key to falling in love is f***ing up the pattern."

I'd love to use this paper to study the results after my photo sort to see how Baby-boomers' objects imply their openness... I wonder if there's a link to sustainable practices and the variety of objects owned by a Boomer within his or her personal living space. Ideas. Ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment